We Say: Perhaps the largest bookkeeping error (or fraud) in US government history occurred at HUD under the watch of Julian Castro. FORMER MAYOR SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS!
Gross mismanagement or dishonesty of this level in business would almost certainly lead to prison.
President Trump and his cabinet are draining the swamp and finding some of the most egregious lawlessness perpetrated by “servants of the people” who continue to run for public office in the Democratic Party.
And where is the Mainstream Media? or at least the San Antonio Express News? Complicit and hiding under their desks.
Republished from ThePoliticalInsider.com, by Wayne ,April 6, 2017 Image credit: image not covered by license – Contributor Don Kirchoff
Democrats were hating that President Trump added Dr. Ben Carson to his cabinet, and they were even more angry when they realized he was being placed in charge of Housing of Urban Development.
Source: Housing and Urban Development Inspector General’s Report, 3/1/17:
The total amounts of errors corrected in HUD’s notes and consolidated financial statements were $516.4 billion and $3.4 billion, respectively. There were several other unresolved audit matters, which restricted our ability to obtain sufficient, appropriate evidence to express an opinion. These unresolved audit matters relate to
(1) the Office of General Counsel’s refusal to sign the management representation letter,
(2) HUD’s improper use of cumulative and first-in, first-out budgetary accounting methods of disbursing community planning and development program funds,
(3) the $4.2 billion in nonpooled loan assets from Ginnie Mae’s stand-alone financial statements that we could not audit due to inadequate support,
(4) the improper accounting for certain HUD assets and liabilities, and
(5) material differences between HUD’s subledger and general ledger accounts.
Dr. Carson found massive, unthinkable errors and that should silence his critics that he couldn’t do his job. But of course, it won’t. They’re liberals, after all.
How do you make a $520 billion dollar oversight? This seems to have been on purpose by Obama administration.
Dr. Ben Carson is on the job and he’s doing exactly what he supposed to do. He found this massive fraud and brought it out in the open. That says a lot about his transparency also.
What do you think about Carson’s job performance two months in and finding billions of dollars missing?
This content is published under the Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license. Please honor attribution.