Republicans in Congress unveiled their proposal for tax reform and within just a few days the pushback from the left has been tremendous. Congress needs to hear from conservatives that they need to act on tax reform this year and that it should follow conservative principles.
Join us WEDNESDAY, October 4, 2017, WEDNESDAY from 12-2 pm CT for a #TaxReform Tweetfest to amplify the conservative message.
All you need to do is tweet tomorrow, WEDNESDAY, October 4, 2017, between 12-2 pm CT using the hashtag #TaxReform and your message will join thousands of other conservatives discussing tax reform at the same time.
Let’s join together to amplify the message of how conservative principles for #TaxReform will help the American people. See you on Twitter!
Here are some key talking points to help you craft your message on tax reform:
- Lower and simplify individual tax rates: Tax reform should aim to improve the simplicity and transparency of paying taxes. Lowering overall rates will allow families and hard-working Americans to keep more of their paycheck.
- Lower the corporate tax rate: Congress should lower the corporate tax rate to encourage growth and investment, and to help American workers. Currently, 75 to 100 percent of the corporate tax rate’s burden falls on workers in the form of lower wages.
- Permit tax free entrepreneurship: This is also known as full expensing. Businesses should be permitted to deduct the full cost of their capital expenses as soon as they incur them, rather than over the course of several years using the cumbersome depreciation schedules that are currently in effect.
- Establish a territorial tax system: High U.S. tax rates reduce investment and stifle job creation. A territorial tax system would unleash economic growth because it encourages more investment in our cities. This type of system would only tax companies on profits earned within the U.S.
- End cronyism: Tax reform should explicitly seek to abolish policies that Congress intended to benefit particular industries or groups.
Here are some sample tweets to get you started, all you have to do is click below and tweet the message to your congressman tomorrow to make your voice heard.
- Click to tweet: @MEMBER it’s time for Congress to pass #ProGrowth policies and #TaxReform that allows America to prosper
- Click to tweet: @MEMBER Americans need #taxreform that levels the playing field and ends special interest handouts. #ProGrowth
- Click to tweet: @MEMBER tax laws should not favor the well-connected over hard-working taxpayers #TaxReform
- Click to tweet: @MEMBER our high U.S. corporate tax rates are making American companies uncompetitive. #TaxReform should lower rates.
- Click to tweet: @MEMBER #ProGrowth #TaxReform should stand up to special interests and serve American taxpayers
- Click to tweet: #TaxReform will help American workers and families by allowing them to keep more of their hard-earned money.
Below are graphics you can download and use in your own tweets too!
This content is published under the Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license. Please honor attribution.